Spring is on the way. Beware!





It's been awhile. October was the the last time I felt like I had any drawing mojo left in me. Realising how much the weather affects my fragile mood I entered hibernation mode. Christmas came and went and the cold weather and cost of existing compounded my depression into something quite evil. I couldn't draw and even reading was a struggle. I went through the usual turmoil and ended back with dip pen and ink as my savoir. I started a strip early last year and with one thing and another (mainly not being paid by a publisher for contracted work) it destroyed any desire to continue doing comic strip work for other people.

Because of my masochistic tendencies I started to pick up where I had left the strip. In a different style and way of working. What was A3 turned to A4. I realised that drawing big forces me into a different way of drawing so I am going back to what I know. I have no illusion that this stuff is any good but the process seems to be working for my mental state, and it would be nice to complete. One sunny day.

Comments