In search of interesting trees

I cycled over to Newmillerdam and walked around the lakeside with my bike, avoiding people and their dogs meandering about. Went 'off road' trying to find an interesting gnarly old tree to draw, frustrated at being surrounded by straight trees, weak winter sunlight brushing their tops. Asked a couple of people if they knew of interesting views and received blank stares. Decided to draw the next thing I saw and stood for about two hours drawing freehand with dip pen and ink and Pilot Parallel pens. Getting to the woodlands was keeping me warm for the first hour but started to cool down quiet quickly after that. Packed up and prepared to cycle home a minute later down the path I found where all the interesting trees were hiding!

Finished the drawing off by adding writing, toothbrush splatter and white acrylic ink in the warm at home.

Comments