'Fallen' in the park


I had to nip out to get Ash some more of his favourite cat nibbles. On the way into town, along a cycle path I realise I am in a game of 'chicken 'with a young black clad ninja on an electric scooter coming towards me. We both swerve at the last moment. My ninja nemesis laughing maniacally, he speeds on by.

Cutting through Thornes Park  to get to the trading estate where the pet shop is, I start noticing trees with branches broken and parts stripped to the ground. I see older more mature trees totally uprooted and laying horizontally. The recent storms (Isha and Jocelyn) battering the UK have been stronger and more destructive than I thought. I sketched diary sketchbook panels as quickly as I could and got out of there, aware of overhead branches that might want to come on down. I can ink and colour the pencil sketches in safety back at home.

Pencil. Dip pen and Indian ink. Watercolour. Drawn in an A5 Seawhite of Brighton sketchbook. I rearranged the panels in the final image to read better in landscape format.




Comments