A wet day out


The Fit app that monitors how much exercise I need to do to maintain my boyish, slender physique is telling me that I need to get off my arse and go for a walk to reach my weekly goal. It's raining and windy out so lets make it quick. I head for the Water Treatment Works on Denby Dale Road which is away from main road and traffic. This part of Wakefield is not known for its exoctic locations but I am surprised at the strange, curvy looking trees they have behind the Treatment Works. Probably a result of mutant pathogens leaking into the surrounding water table. A crow and a hawk are having a disagreement up in the trees but it all seems quite jovial.

Crossing the road I head for the lake and stand by the waters edge, hypnotised by the lapping waves. I calculate that if I head on home that will keep my step counter happy for another week.

Again, made with pencil, dip pen and india ink, watercolour, coloured pencil and white acrylic ink. Interestingly my scanner is not coping with the the subtle colour blue grey and shifts it to a depressing, wet day out, green hue. I don't mind - it suits the content.





Comments