The 'splish splash' test



I came across this 'long' puddle on my walk today. I was to find out that it was deep enough to go over the top of my foot. Having walked through muddy paths the idea at first was to wash off most of the muck so I could go to Asda and buy potatoes without traipsing mud through the store. It also occurred to me that I hadn't really tested my boots since the day of snow we had recently. Encouraged by getting wet and cold feet that day I cleaned and waxed them. The good news is it paid off with todays test. I love my boots and they get me through most of the parks, wetlands and woodlands around here, so the thought that they might be rendered useless in certain conditions - irked me

Again, made with pencildip pen and india inkwatercolourcoloured pencil and white acrylic ink. The image above is reordered to fit a landscape format. The sketchbook version was a lot more yellow. An experiment that seemed like a good idea at the time but which I corrected using Photoshop to knock back the yellow (and correct the spelling of 'taped').



Comments