Chuffin' Billy Episode Three


The first page of episode three is done. I decided to use my diary sketchbook style this time around because... that's the only way I can really draw at the moment. Before I have use a mix of traditional and digital techniques to construct the pages. What do I mean by my diary sketchbook style? I am not relying on the computer to assemble the colouring and lettering at the end. The finished artwork is drawn on the page and the colouring and speech bubbles do not become an extra process. It's not that I can't use a computer to make comic art, it feels more like my natural storytelling comes through as a finished drawn page. There is colour correction and tidying up done digitally but that's part of any graphic process that produces artwork ready for print. This way of working is not any faster as there is a lot of pencilling and planning that goes into a page. It is a lot more enjoyable for me this way.

Response has been good. Episodes one and two are available to buy as a single book over on Amazon and Noel and I have had a fairly positive reaction to the character so far.


Watercolour, Colour pencil, and White acrylic ink art which will be scanned at 600 dpi and resized to A3.




Original A4 inked page. Black Indian ink using a Perry & Co No. 227 nib.

 

Comments