Chuffin' Billy Pages 2 and 3


Pages two and three - episode three of Chuffin' Billy, The Goliath of Gas Street. Adventures in lettering continued. My internal editor has told me to replace the hand lettering with a digital font (Blambot's Anime Ace 2.0 instead of Komika Slick from the previous episodes). 

I thought the hand lettering would be nice but it comes with its own problems. When I make the speech bubbles pure White I have to go into each enclosed letter shape and correct the grey patches, I could rescan the hand lettering but the point of doing the strip like this was to get away from the computer.

To be honest, I kinda like the digital font with the hand drawn artwork, it looks cleaner. The handwriting is great for the sketchbook pages I do but for a wider audience legibility has to be taken into consideration.

Comments