Hope Amidst the Heat (and Ink)


Making progress! I finally finished pages six and seven, and they're definitely my favorites so far. Drawn with dip pen, Indian ink, and watercolors, with a touch of digital tinkering to make the colours shine.

The weather's been brutally hot lately, which slowed me down a bit. And then, the General Election happened, and suddenly there's a whole lot more hope in the air. I wasn't aware of just how discouraged everyone else felt thinking my depression and societal frustration was mine alone. I'd gotten used to things being tough but hearing a government talk about actual plans to improve things – that is nice.

I mostly rely on Radio 4 for news, and it was interesting to see how they struggled with the emotional language to adjust to the positive shift. They're used to focusing on the problems, so a focus on solutions felt almost out of place. Of course, it's still early days. I shouldn't expect miracles but for now, at least there's a spark of hope for the future.

Comments