Disappearing into the undergrowth

Even though the warm weather continues it is still very wet out. A whole footpath of one of my local loop walks is under water. My boots put up little resistance and within seconds water is up to my ankles and I have soaking wet feet. Being warm weather, it is totally different to having wet feet in the cold of winter, this almost fun.

The M1 Motorway is part of this landscape, visually and audibly. Abundant trees and bushes at this time of year hide most of it. My feeling of just disappearing and going for a lay down in the undergrowth until tea time was interrupted when I could hear the background roar of cars on tarmac. There are lots of pink and blue flowers. I tried identifying them with my Pixel phone but that failed me again when I need it to work. Like the camera before, I can't rely on my phone outside. I think the blue flowers on the ground might be some kind of Speedwell, and I managed to avoid the Giant Hogweed. That's the extent of my offline plant identification skills.

Comments