Squeaking back into the past
I found some of my old markers from a Graphics design course I did in my youth...
Doodling with a brush pen.
They still work, kind of, not sure how much life they have left as they are about 40 years old. The toxicity levels from the fumes is still there though. We used to top the markers up with lighter fuel to extend their life span. Liquid lighter fuel was also used to clear Cow Gum adhesive from artwork, scalpels, clothing and I still have a small tin of it under my bed, you know, just in case.
'Squeakers' as they were known back then (because of they noise they make on paper) are fun to use. These are the colours left over from a box of 40 individual felt tip markers. All the good colours and grey shades got used leaving this motley bunch behind. Part of the HNC Graphic Design course stipulations was you got a box of markers (sold by the college for £80 - outrageous at the time) to render marketing/advertising mock ups and page layout visuals. How the times have changed.





Comments
Post a Comment