Furiously inking
Definitely not Inktober but I found myself furiously inking random scenes in an effort to push my inky mark making. The aim was to move fast and not get too hung up about where the drawing was going. I did a quick pencil sketch and got started.
I was all set to use my computer and drawing tablet but starting made me feel ill for some reason. I thought it would be the easy option but it felt like mindless scribbling, so went for cartridge paper and Pental Colour Brush brush pens.
I tried colouring it in Affinity but I didn't like it so went with a greyscale version instead. Which I do like. I think the colour version was too getting too descriptive. Using my usual colouring process I flattened everything and that was when I started too lose focus.
The greyscale works better and there is a low opacity screen tint like the old Letraset halftone transfer sheets that gave it a Manga feeling. Working with pens on paper was pleasurable. And now I need to refill my brush pens.



Comments
Post a Comment